Monday, August 13, 2012

Victoria's Secret, Mr. G, and BOOBS.

Has anyone noticed that in Victoria's Secret catalogs, the models always look like they're about to have a lot of sex?  It wasn't until I started looking at different companies, that I noticed it (and find it bizarre).  For example, the Ewa Michalak  girls always seem pretty jazzed to just be wearing some supportive underthings:


(Sorry about the size, please click for a larger image!)


And then there's Victoria's Secret:

Also, girl, smile!  You're pretty!  You're wearing a terribly fitting bra that looks like it's trying to choke you out, but you're so beautiful ... why are you so depressed?  Is your man treating you right?  Want to go shopping together?  Want to buy shoes and chat about our lives?  Do you need a friend?  




Anyway, Mr. G has been calling me a "Bra Nazi" recently because of my constant talk about sizing, shape, styles, stores.  However, Mr. G knows he was telling me that a co worker showed him a photo of an ex girlfriend the other day and felt the need to let Mr. G know that this ex had "DD" boobs (which by the way is hilarious and very macho!  When men do this I call it the "penis contest"  Like, yes I once had sex with a woman with BOOBS.  OBVIOUSLY MY PENIS IS LARGER THAN YOURS!!) 

Mr. G let me know that not only was his first thought "what does DD mean without band size?" and next "she 
was slim, so probably a small band, and there was no way she was a DD if that was the case."

Congratulations, Mr. G., you are now in Bra Happyland, in which all the women run around well supported and full of joy.  Today, Mr. G. burned my coffee and toast so apparently he only listens when there is the word "boobs" in the conversation, but hey, give a guy credit.



Love, your uplifted friend,
Gigi.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, I love it!! My DH is trained in bras as well. He doesn't even flinch if I yell at the TV when I see a badly fitted bra.

    And your VS photo comments literally have me laughing. She definitely looks like she's had a long day of smashed boobs in a badly fitted bra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "a terribly fitting bra that looks like it's trying to choke you out" -- had to laugh at this!
    PS You might want to add an RSS feed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How have I not spent time on your blog before today? And when will you be writing again? I love it!

    ReplyDelete