Saturday, August 11, 2012

Some words about how amazing I am. Oh, and my boobs.

Hello, all, I'm Gigi!  My goal with this blog will be to highlight bras and lingerie for the GG+ ladies out there as well as clothing.  I will also be doing size specific entries about all sizes, whether you are below and A cup, have a very small or large band, and D-K bras, etc.  Breasts come in all shapes and sizes, and though I am GG+, I will be sure to show the love to everyone's ladies!

Before 2009, I was a humble B cup (I think? Honestly, I knew nothing about bra sizing so I really have no idea!)  I had a congenital breast deformity and decided to undergo breast surgery.  I asked for D cups, but my surgeon went all renegade (he's an AWESOME surgeon so I say this with so much love for him and also for the fact that I do not think even plastic surgeons understand bra sizing) and I am now a 34H or 32J, depending on brand.  I can say that I LOVE MY BREASTS.  Hell, I love breasts in general, no matter what the size.  However, when I am out and about in town and see all the sad, low hanging, torpedo-shaped boobies around, I begin to feel sad again that women have so much trouble finding bras that fit them correctly.  So with this blog I hope to shed a little light on what a bra is and isn't supposed to do for your breasts.  I live in the United States and the UK seems to be a bit more "with it" about correct sizing, so a lot of my suggestions will be online ordering overseas (do not despair, however, the shipping is NOT terrible, and pretty comparable to what you pay for US shipping.)

I also want to talk a bit about dressing for your shape, whatever that may be.  I dislike comparing myself to a piece of fruit or a timepiece, so I will simply describe the body types.  I am 5'11", big hipped and boobed.  I'll admit to wearing a lot of wrap dresses because wrap dresses are the easy way out for my body type.  Whatever your shape may be, however, I think you're pretty hot, so I will just be talking a lot about your hotness and dressing to show off your best bits.

Mostly, body positivity, bras, and lots of ranting.  I rant because I love you.

Love and no more torpedo boobies,
Gigi.

1 comment: